Friday, April 29, 2011

Blogging - A Window Into The Soul

Recently, I decided that I may want to blog. After doing so I began to notice a few of my friends have blogs of their own.
Reading someone’s blog can give you great insight into the person you think you know.
Don’t get me wrong…. I didn’t find out anything earth shattering; however, I do feel closer to them for having taken the time to read their thoughts on various issues.
Things you can find out by reading your friends blog:
Ø  Priorities and concerns.
o   People will spend time and energy on things that are near and dear to their heart. Writing a blog takes both.
Ø  Bits of their history you never knew.
o   I found out that one of my very dear friends had a parent who was a professional musician. Hmmm… did he tell me this and perhaps I forgot? Have I NEVER asked him what his parents did for a living? Needless to say I found out something about myself also through this revelation…. L!
Ø  Differences in culture.
o   People are more likely to be frank when discussing cultural differences in writing where they have the time to fully express what they mean before the reader develops a defensive feeling and responds.  (I have asked my friend from India a thousand questions about Indian vs. American culture and found out a lot from reading his blog which made me appreciate him even more!)
Ø  True emotional status.
o   When people see one another daily they tend to keep conversation light, especially in the workplace. Reading a blog you get a sense of what is really on another person’s mind and what they are feeling.
Thanks to all my friends who ARE currently writing a blog… you have provided those of us who care about you an insight into your inner world… and I, for one am honored.
If you aren’t writing a blog… think about doing so, it can be therapeutic and I’d love to read it!
If your reading this blog… thanks for letting me be a part of your world.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of blogging like talking to someone intimately without the presence of both individual at the same moment in time but at my own leisure time. Isn't that awesome?!!! That's what blogging is, for me at least.

    Facebook on the other hand, it's a place where I can be a smart ass in less than 420 characters.... LMAO! But definitely a great network to see your friends' play-by-play action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch out, I am following you!

    @Kelly, you gonna start blogging so I can follow you too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me blogging was a way to present the hard facts that we tend to avoid in our day to day life...
    at times Even used to vent my frustration out...
    loved this post of yours..A new way to see things :-)

    ReplyDelete